Shipping and Returns Policy
- Orders are sent either via Fastway Couriers or Australia Post Express from Melbourne.
- Assessments are made as to which option is more cost effective based on the destination, weight and dimensions of your parcel.
- Dispatching to a residential rather than a PO Box address is preferable. Fastway Couriers will not deliver to PO Box addresses and in most cases sending parcels via Courier is more cost effective. If you have a PO Box as your shipping address, your order will be sent via Australia Post Express and an extra shipping charge may occur.
- If you provide us with a business address, please also include the business name in the “Comments & Authority To Leave” checkout section 3.
Authority To Leave
- All parcels sent via Courier will need to be signed for. If you are not home Fastway should provide you with a calling card in your mail box with instructions for re-delivery.
- If you would like your parcel left on your property please leave a permission note at our “Comments & Authority To Leave” (step 3 of the checkout process) section for example Permission to leave parcel at front door.
- If you request your parcel to be left without a signature you automatically indemnify Bird Boarding, Australia Post, Fastway and its Courier Franchisee against any claim for loss and / or damage relating to any freight item left.
- "METRO" Melbourne is our warehouse local shipping zone. Freight under 24Kg or (25Kg deadweight) and measuring under 40cm in length x 40cm in depth x 50cm in height is charged at $11.75 AUD. Greater measurements and weights for dispatch are quoted upon request. The quoted cost of fright includes all packaging and handling charges and GST.
- "REGIONAL" shipping includes Geelong, Bendigo, Albury, Wodonga, Sunbury, Bacchus Marsh, Ballarat, Gisborne, Kyneton, Shepparton, Pakenham, Echuca, Cranbourne and most of the Mornington Peninsula. Freight under 24Kg or (25Kg deadweight) and measuring under 40cm in length x 40cm in depth x 50cm in height is charged at $16.31 AUD. Greater measurements and weights for dispatch are quoted upon request. The quoted cost of fright includes all packaging and handling charges and GST.
- "REMOTE" shipping covers all other areas of Victoria. Freight under 3kgs will be sent via Australian Express Post satchels and charged at $16.60 AUD. Freight weight in-between 3kg and 24Kg (25Kg deadweight), measuring under 40cm in length x 40cm in depth x 50cm in height is charged at $23.45 AUD. Greater measurements and weights for dispatch are quoted upon request. The quoted cost of fright includes all packaging and handling charges and GST.
- "NATIONAL" delivery (states other than Victoria) is available upon request. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your non listed location for a shipping quote.
- Overcharged shipping by the customer is credited with a future credit via promotional code.
- Underpaid freight product is held until balance is receipted.
- Return freight is covered by the purchaser.
Shipping Delivery Time Frame
Delivery time will vary depending on your location please see below for a general guide:
- We try to process and ship orders promptly. Orders will normally be processed & shipped within 2 business days (between Monday to Friday only) from the date payment is received.
We are CLOSED Saturday and Sundays, so orders will not be processed during that period.
Delivery time to most areas once your parcel leaves here is 2 to 5 working days (Monday to Friday).
Remote areas, Western Australia, Northern Territory & Tasmania may take up to 7 to 10 working days (Monday to Friday).
We will send email notifications to you once your order has been received and shipped. If there are any delays in shipping we will send you a processing email.
Extra Shipping charges
- The extra postage charge may take up to 24 hours (Monday to Friday) to be emailed after you submit your order.
- We prefer you provide us with a residential address rather than a PO Box as using a courier is normally a more cost effective way to ship. We understand some of you are in remote areas, so can only provide a PO Box address. If you do provide us with a PO Box your order will be packed into a 3kg prepaid satchel. If your order doesn’t fit the 3kg satchel there may be extra shipping charges, depending on the extra weight and your location. We will contact you via email after we receive your order if we require extra shipping.
- Once your order has been shipped you will be sent an email shipment confirmation that will include your tracking number and website link.
- Contact us if you have not received your order confirmation email after submitting your order. It might be that your email was entered incorrectly at checkout.
- Contact us if you have not received your parcel after 5 working days from when your shipping confirmation email was received. (Days will depend on distance from SE QLD, as mentioned above Rural, WA & NT may take up to 10 working days)
- Please note there will be delays in processing/shipping orders during public holiday periods.
- Customers are offered a 10 day money back guarantee on all internet purchases from the Bird Boarding shop. The 10 day period commences upon the submission of your order. Bird Boarding must be notified by email of your intention to return the product before the conclusion of this period. The customer will bear the cost of freight for the return and goods must be received undamaged and in original condition before a refund will be issued. Items that have been used or unpackaged will not be refunded.
- If you have received products that are faulty or damaged we must be notified within 3 days of receiving the goods by email or phone. Depending on the product you will be either asked to send photos or post the items back to us unused. Once we receive the goods we will send a replacement. We cannot replace products that have been used.
- All claims are to be made within 10 days of dispatch.
- You will receive a shipping confirmation email within 2 business days of processing your order. Once your order has been shipped it should not take any longer than 5 working days (7 to 10 working days to some areas see above under delivery time). If you have been waiting longer than that period please contact us by email or phone so we can do a search for your package.
- All claims are to be made within 10 days of dispatch.
Missing or Wrong Items
- If you have received your package and there are missing or incorrect items please contact us immediately by email or phone so that we can rectify the error.